Glimpsing Perspective

(Ex 24:12a) Come up to me into the mount, and be there

It's almost February

Time flies by! We are already into the year 2013 and the first month is so quickly coming to a close. On top of that, I feel like I haven't blogged in so long. To cut to the chase, some of this stems down to the fact that I haven't read my bible in three days, much to my shame. This is NOT what I want for my life, so I am getting back into the Word today, and preparing to pick back up on reading the bible in a month in just a few short days.

Today was a difficult day for me, truth be told. After a long awaited time to have my end of the year discussion at my job, I got my annual raise. This year, my annual raise was actually nothing. Nothing! Not a penny higher than last year! I would like to say I am bitter or upset - I am shocked and sad because though I feel like I deserved some variance of a compensation of a year well done - but at the end of the day, it has nothing to do with my raise. The numeric’s are my last concern. Honestly I truly cannot help but wonder with a great amount of nervousness what God is planning to do in my life.

I say this because as I was thinking options over around July of last year, I began wondering to myself how I would know what God was telling me to do in the area of leaving. How would I know when I got the green light from God to do this, this, or this? I talked with God and joked over what would be ways he would tell me which thing he wanted me to do.  One of the things that I thought of that would be a 'sign' is that, and I quote my own thoughts here, if I didn't get a raise then that would be God's way of telling me that I should no longer be at Chase and start my life towards the mission field. (At the time of this thought I was very actively pursuing the idea of the World Race, something I STILL want to do)

Normally when I ask a question on here, it is sarcastic, and the answer to my question is meant to be obvious - not this question though. Is this a coincidence? That question I asked myself was a stipulation I placed on my spiritual life as a marker of something crazy that would never happen. I'm very good at my job, so of course I would get a raise. It was more of a joke than anything else. Yet here I stand in January, wondering if this is God's quirky way of saying, "Well if you wanted a tangible sign so badly..."

Am I being assumptive of God; or am I just trying to run from what he might be saying? I don't really know. I don't want to ignore God's call, that's my fear, but I do need clarity from him. So right now, that is my biggest prayer request of all.

Am I being crazy, or is God telling me to pack my bags and get ready for serious change? I don't know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment