Glimpsing Perspective

(Ex 24:12a) Come up to me into the mount, and be there

Homelife

Today I thought I would elaborate on my living status, detailing a bit further of where I live now. I moved into a smaller, three bedroom house, where I have two female roommates, and of course my lovely cat Kikwi. Because of where timeframes fell between my potential moving to Michigan and family vacation, it left me a few days over a week to find and secure a new place to live. This meant my source of research was actually Craigslist, and yes, I was scared of using such a source, but I had a week! Beggars can't be choosers right?

To elaborate more on this process, it was honestly nothing short of scary. So many places were with people I didn't, or wouldn't want to live with. (Party houses, 420 friendly, housing with males etc.) Even if I found a place that fit my standards and price range, this of course did not guarantee the character of my potential roommates, nor if they were trust worthy people. For a few days, I was fearful I would have to settle- perhaps just find a place for a month or two until I COULD find a better place sort of thing. There were a few places that I had been texting back and forth, getting further information on, and in the end I did choose where I am now because the landlord mentioned that the current resident, Joanna, was ver similar to myself when it came to religion, and had just gotten back from a missions trip. *insert hallelujah chorus here*

I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to hear this! While I knew it didn't mean that this person would have the same beliefs I did, I did feel a lot better knowing I'd be moving in with someone who took their beliefs seriously, versus people that perhaps did not. It wasn't long after that I put in my security deposit and got the contract all squared away. Though I hadn't met this alleged Joanna or the other myserious person the landlord was working with, it held more promise than any of the other individuals I was working with.

After meeting Joanna, I can easily say that God was certainly watching out for me in my scary, risky move. She is such a strong, godly woman, and is such an encouragement to be around. She is older than I am, works in the medical field, and is activly involded in missions. (I think she said that was her third trip to the Congo - wow!) She is so approachable - there have been multiple times that we have stayed up far too late into the night, talking about life, God's word, matters of the heart - things that matter!

Being in this house has been SUCH a blessing to me.

The other individual that also moved in is a girl named Shilpa. She's very quiet and reserved so while I don't get to see too much of her, the interactions I've had with her are quite pleasant as well. She is from India, and I'm not sure of her religious status honestly. I'm hoping to bring her to youth group activities and such, not just so she might be able to meet new people and make godly friends while she's out here, but also get to hear God's truths as well! (This is something to be in prayer about for sure.)

So this, in short, is the more extended story of my move, as well as the turn out. I am so encouraged to be in an environment that is conducive to growth, especially considering the fact that I had no guarantee, and no way of knowing where I would end up. I really have to praise God for this - he really does watch out for his own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment