So between working more hours at work, sleeping, then working more hours, mentally making a checklist of what needs to be done to prepare my life for intense change, I realized something very vital. I have no way of actually knowing if this goal of moving away from Missouri to attend New Tribes is even obtainable or not.
What I mean by that, is that currently I am assuming that I can sell my car, assuming I can earn enough funds to get there, assuming that I will make enough money once I am there to cover tuition and my bills, and of course, assuming I will even be accepted to go in the first place.
That's a lot of assumption on my part!
I was expressing this concern to my sister Shara, and I'm not sure if I was looking for her to just nod her head, or give sisterly advice, or what honestly, but her response, though I can't quote it, was the very last thing I wanted to hear.
In short, it was something along the lines of, 'Well, that's why it's called faith.'
This quickly frustrated me, and my response sounded childish to even my ears, but it was something like, 'Well that's easy for YOU to say, you're not the one in this situation' as if God moving in my life was a bad thing.
The second she said it, I knew she was right, but it's so easy to read about faith in the bible, scoff at the disciples when Jesus corrects them for their lack of faith, and turn the page. This makes faith so much more real to me, and so much more difficult.
I hate the fact that it boils down to finances, but sadly, that's my biggest concern. I don't see how I could make ends meet from semester to semester, even if I worked. If I continue to be honest with those who read this, it is tempting to just not do anything at all. I have often thought about just shrugging my shoulders and continuing where I am now at work, yet every time I think about that, a part of me freezes, because I KNOW how unhappy I am out here, and I can't imagine how miserable I would be if I looked at God's moving in the face, and turned the other way.
It hurts to change, yet the idea of not changing hurts even more. I may not be consistent as I would like to be, and I may falter A LOT, but I can honestly say that I value my relationship with Christ, and that I do want to serve him. So... what choice do I have?
I have to go. Somehow.
I don't know how I can possibly do it, but I can look back in my life and see where God's led me in the past, and I know that NTBI would be a good continuation in that direction.
I don't know how 'Christian' this may sound, but I'm not excited right now. I'm frustrated, confused, and stressed out. I want the answers now. I want to know that my way will be covered, and that there isn't any risk on my part. I want to know that if I try so hard where I am now, that it will pay off, and I will have no problem. I don't want to have faith. I just want to SEE it, and walk down a clearly lit path and have all the answers.
I know how contrary this is to what God wants; I know that God wants me to blindly trust Him to lead me day to day.
It's not easy. It is a major struggle for me.
Continue to pray for this situation.
0 comments:
Post a Comment