Glimpsing Perspective

(Ex 24:12a) Come up to me into the mount, and be there

God is good!

It has been a crazy good, day to day in the grind, not average week.

Since my not getting a raise, I have been really wondering if it was in fact just a funny coincidence, or if it was actually God's call to action and change. After looking back in my life, I do in fact feel it is God's communication to me to say that it is time to step up and live out the life that he has called me to.

To those who don't know my life story, many, many years ago I felt very strongly that God had called me to foreign missions. Considering my age, I knew very well that God wasn't saying right then, but that one day the call for me to go would come. Not much happened after that, until now.

Honestly since the creation of the blog, time frame wise at least, God has been leading me to a more personal realtionship with himself and refining me when it comes to my relationship with fellow believers, but some of the most notable things that God has repeatedly reminded me of is obediance. Making him the Lord of my life. Living my life in full devotion to him. Not allowing anything else to take place of what should remain sanctified to him.

Not too long ago I remember having a discussion with my sister Brenda about how I felt God was really preparing me for something new and exciting. (How scary that was!) Not too much later it seems crazy for me to imagine myself just sitting here, pretending like I am okay with my Monday thru Friday job.

At this point I have narrowed down my options to two things. I will be visiting NTBI the beginning of March. If I feel comfortable there and think it's something God would approve me to do, then I'll pack my bags for that. If I don't feel certain that it is where I need to be, I'll stay here in the area and enroll in OTC to continue my classes towards a medical degree. Either way, I know that I need to start working towards achieving that next step in preparing myself for the mission field.

At this point, I'm very excited about this. Keep praying for me :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment